God's Gifts to us: Lessons from Love & Heartbreak

God’s Gifts to us: Lessons from Love and Heartbreak


When I returned from my mission, I didn't know what to expect of the dating world. To be honest, I didn't think of it. I was still so used to being a missionary that dating just felt like a distant concept. Strangely enough, I started dating someone a month after being home! I didn't expect it at all, but I loved it. And when it had to end, I was heartbroken. A couple months later, I met someone else. He was so good. One of the best people I've ever met. But unfortunately, it didn't work out for us. So, I set out again, on my little journey, to see what God had in store for me. I met more people whom I cared for, but it wasn't mutual! I'd never experienced rejection before, but it was good for me. It was good to learn that beauty and worth cannot be diminished, and that I could be a true and genuine friend, regardless of mutual feelings. Those times built me up, and I am grateful for them!

However, some moments, I did not feel grateful. I felt sad, and lonely. My heart really ached. But, all along I had this little glow inside of me, this hope that something good was coming. And it did come! 

It came at a time when I was going on MANY first dates and was starting to feel a desire to go on no more first dates! (you students know exactly what I'm talking about...;) For some reason, however, on THIS first date, I decided to open my heart a little bit. I WANTED to try. I WANTED it to work. And I knew from what I had heard of Tyler, that he was a good guy. I also spoke to him a couple times before our date, and thought he was really cool. So of course, this helped. 



Needless to say, we had a lot of fun on that date, and have since continued getting to know each other. All I can say is that I feel grateful for these moments. I feel blessed to know him and to date him.

This isn't a declaration of love, or a post to make life look perfect. But it IS a little story to give a lot of people hope. :) I KNOW that dating can be HARD, frustrating, awkward, and sometimes gross, and I also know that GOD KNOWS US, and WANTS to bless us. So if you are still waiting for your angel (and I don't mean eternal companion, but just someone you can actually connect with) know that they will come. Keep that little glow inside of you, pray for the miracle, and then get out there and go to work! If we want good things in our lives, we need to show God that we are willing to go and get them! 

And after that, we just get to trust him. Some things are temporary, others permanent, but the beautiful thing is, WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY. He has got us. We are safe in his hands. Our futures are beautifully carved paths which will bring to us much joy, and much sorrow, so that WE CAN GROW!!! And PRAISE be to God for that. :) :) :) 

Thank you for reading my little post about life, and have a beautiful Sunday! :) 


























Comments

Popular Posts