Service: Sweet & Simple

I'm the type of person that likes to go all out. If I bring you dinner, there needs to be bubbly, balloons, and a personalized love letter accompanying the three course meal. However, lately I've been learning that there are SIMPLE ways to give service that are JUST as effective and meaningful and much less time consuming and exhausting.

These new ways have been brought to my attention as I have been trying to serve as usual, but with the addition of my sweet daughter who occupies the majority of my time (and oh how grateful I am that she does <3).

Let me provide two examples.

Recently a friend of mine lost someone close to her. Instead of printing and pasting 12 quotes on grief onto cute paper and then sneaking into her room and pinning them on the wall, I simply sent her the link where she could read and find comfort from the quotes.

Image result for simplicity

Another friend of mine was feeling stressed about her teaching job and I wanted to write her a poem. Instead of taking 30 minutes to hand print in beautiful writing on nice paper a poem, which I would leave on her doorstep, I whipped out my phone, and sent the poem through text! It took about 10 seconds and I'm pretty sure she felt just as loved.

In short, as I have looked for the simpler ways to execute my plans to lift and serve my friends, I have felt a great deal of satisfaction in touching their hearts and STILL lifting them, while doing it in a quicker and more effective manner.

*This isn't to say that you can never whip out the bubbly, because you absolutely can, ;) it's just nice to simplify the everyday service because then you have more time to give more! <3

Thanks for reading my thoughts. <3 I hope they help you enjoy and have more time to serve. ;)




Comments

Popular Posts