My Testimony on Ministering

To my sisters, 
I pray that my words will reach you, and leave you feeling loved and inspired.

Today, as I reflect on service in the church and ministering, I realize that I have had many experiences that have blessed me with a STRONG TESTIMONY of both. 

Ministering to me is motivated by a love for God which translates itself into a love for his children. This love drives me to serve and reach out to people that I wouldn't normally think to reach out to. And then, over time, as I serve, I become close with the people I care for and I can't imagine my life WITHOUT ministering to them. 

I know as well as anyone that there are challenges that can accompany ministering efforts. To name a few: opposite personalities or interests, different schedules, different phases of life, rejection, struggles coordinating companionship efforts, and a whole laundry list of other struggles (you fill in the blanks). 

I also know that all of these challenges can be overcome through the help of the Savior and the LOVE and COURAGE he can plant into our hearts. With him we can grow to love people that seem so different from us, with him, we can overcome the pain of rejection and keep trying, with HIM, we can be strengthened, lifted, and loved so that even if we feel like we are the only ones trying to minister, we are taken care of and buoyed up by him. <3 

He loves us, the Lord loves us, this is THEIR WORK, and with the love they plant into our hearts, and our own faith and hard work, we cannot fail. 

We as a presidency love you sisters, and we pray for you in your personal struggles and we also pray for your continued success in ministering. 

May the Lord be with you as you embark to serve his children. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts