The Chase ;)

How many of you have been asked to spend time with a member of the opposite sex, without knowing if it was a date, or just a hang out? If you're like me, I would bet that ALL of you have experienced this phenomenon. But why is this? Why do men sometimes vaguely ask about spending time with women? I think the root of their indirectness is fear. Men are afraid to be rejected. And of course they are! Aren't women as well? I know that I am.

When I'm standing next to someone I think is amazing,  there's something about them that makes me "not want to blow it." They are a precious investment, like the stock market. I want to put money in because the potential prize is INCREDIBLY valuable, but I know that if I don't win the prize, I could be bankrupt, in wallet, as well as in heart.

So what do we do? Guys have feelings for girls, and don't want to be rejected, and girls have feelings for guys and also don't want to face rejection. Well my friends...there is only one thing we can do. Take. a. chance. If I don't invest, I could miss out on the biggest investment of a lifetime. I'm not willing to risk that, are you?;)

What's the best way to take this chance? I guess this is something we're all trying to figure out. From my experience, I would say, take little risks and watch how they respond. Make sure they know that you care, but if your caring is scaring them, back away. We all want to find love, and for me, when I feel like a man is pushing himself on me, and he is not my definition of love, I feel threatened. I feel like my chances to find who I really want are at stake, because someone is imposing themselves upon me. No one wants to feel this way.

So folks, how do we do it? How do we chase without chasing away? Be honest about your feelings, be respectful, and one day, you will find, after all the heartbreak and rejection that there is someone who feels the same for you, as you feel for them. You will be each others definition of love. In the meantime, be patient, and keep trying. :)

Comments

Popular Posts